Ok, you got me. This was just too widespread and fun to pass it up, so I’m joining in on this 50 Questions bandwagon. Plus, it’s spring break now for me, so this makes for a fun light-hearted post for you to get to know more about me! Questions are from Ace Railgun, the start of it all.
Questions About Anime
1. Who is your favorite male anime character?
Hmm… A difficult choice, indeed… All the male leads from the KyoAni titles are my favorites, certainly, but let’s go with a different male lead to spice things up. I’d say Rock from Black Lagoon. He is just a Japanese businessman who is then thrust into the corrupt city of Roanapur, with his beliefs challenged at every turn against death and the harsh reality of the underworld. It is how he faces these challenges that makes him a favorite of mine.
2. Who is your favorite female anime character?
Either Makibi Kiyone from the Tenchi Muyo! franchise (I wrote an entire post on her) or Senjougahara Hitagi from Bakemonogatari for all the obvious reasons.
3. What is your favorite anime soundtrack?
I don’t have much to say, but I’d say Aoi Hana (sweet, gentle, and lulling) or My Neighbor Totoro (catchy, nostalgic, and fun to listen to). Tenmon is a great composer as well, having worked with Shinkai Makoto’s works.
4. What is your favorite anime opening + animation?
With so many good openings out there, I just couldn’t pick one favorite out of them all. But one opening that consistently never fail to bore me has been the opening, “Moonlight Densetsu”, from Sailor Moon S. This is probably the only Sailor Moon opening that features all the Sailor Senshi, and I do love all the scenes of each Sailor Senshi doing her own thing.
5. What is your favorite anime ending + animation?
I don’t watch much endings, but there are some few exceptions that keeps me going. One of these is “Centifolia” from Aoi Hana, which is so gentle and simplistic. The artworks, from the manga, are also great and very appealing to me.
6. What is your favorite anime scene?
The rocket launch in Cosmonaut from 5 Centimeters Per Second. I loved the spectacle of the launch and the mood & atmosphere before, during, and after the launch between Takaki and Kanae. Exquisite!
7. If you could meet an anime character, who would it be?
No one comes to mind now, but I know I’d have liked to meet Totoro in my childhood.
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
Hmm, would a visual novel character count? As for an anime character, I know of no one else who would be most similar to me in terms of personality, unless you happen to know one like Shizune.
9. What is your favorite thing about anime?
The medium and artwork. There’s a huge variety of anime styles and several great fan artworks spanning from these styles. Sure, there may be some similar styles every season, but once in a while, there are some unique styles such as Mawaru Penguindrum or Bakemonogatari.
10. What is your least favorite thing about anime?
The stereotypes that goes with anime fans. And the annoying die-hard fans of some certain series. Can’t be helped, I suppose.
11. Who are your favorite anime couple?
I’m shipping Ringo x Shouma from Mawaru Penguindrum. Then again, I do like Yuri x Ringo…
12. Who is your favorite anime animal?
Keroberos from Cardcaptor Sakura or Mokona from xxxHolic. They’re both cuddly and cute!
13. What anime would make a good game?
Black Lagoon would be a nice one to adapt into a game. I could envision a game where the gang could take jobs and accumulate money.
14. What game would make a good anime?
Well, I’d love to see a Final Fantasy anime. There’s already an anime OVA for Final Fantasy VII (that was decent), but I’d like to see an anime series along the lines of Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, since it’s great and I can see the story easily adapted into an anime series.
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
The ol’ good classic, Sailor Moon, of course! And the one that sparked my true anime fandom is Seto no Hanayome.
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
I don’t believe so, but there may be times when I’ll be too busy to watch anime. There may be some breaks down the road, but I certainly will not stop watching anime at all.
17. What is your favorite genre of anime?
Romance, drama, supernatural, slice-of-life, and psychological. But really, I can watch any kind of genre.
18. What is your least favorite genre of anime?
Mecha or horror. Actually, it’s more like I haven’t the chance to watch much of these kinds of anime.
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
If someone asks, I’m usually open. But most often, I rarely bring it up.
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
Yes. Only been at the airports waiting for transfer flights to Taiwan, though. 😦
21. What anime was the biggest letdown for you?
22. What anime was better than expected?
Ichigo Mashimaro. It was cuter than I expected!
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
The Precures versus Dune at the end of Heartcatch Precure. One of the most amazing action scenes I’ve seen and from a mahou shoujo series to boot!
24. Who is your anime waifu?
I don’t really have one, but my anime crush would be Makibi Kiyone from the Tenchi Muyo! franchise… (See #2.)
25. What was your favorite video game as a child?
Either Pokemon Yellow (Gotta catch ’em all!) or Final Fantasy VII (To this day, I still weep for Aeris).
Questions About Me
26. Most embarrassing moment?
A great many has happened to me because of my deafness. I hate when communication lines break down and I mishear something prompting a very awkward answer from me.
27a. Can you drive?
I can drive pretty well.
27b. Do you own a car?
No, but I do drive the family cars, which are a Mercedes-Benz, a Lexus, and a Honda Accord.
28. Are you mature?
I’d like to think so. At the age of 19, I already have underlings working for me (it’s not in the fast-food business, if you’re wondering by the way). I do have a reputation to keep.
29. What year were you born?
1992. The year Sailor Moon first aired!
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
Cats. They’re quiet and seem to get along very well with me. As a matter of a fact, one of my friend’s cats prefer me even more than their owner.
31. Describe yourself physically.
Quite tall for an Asian. Average weight. Black hair with some white and grey strands (No, they’re not dyed. Am I getting old!?).
32. What would you name your first child?
Up to my future wife, but I do have some ideas for a girl’s name…
33. What is the worst injury you have ever had?
Got a nasty knee scrape while running down a concrete ramp in 5th grade.
34. What is your worse habit?
None that I know of, but maybe my strong tendency to stay back and dwell on something for far too long…
35. Do you drink or smoke?
I’m a very lightweight drinker. Just the smell alone is enough to get me woozy, so I drink very rarely and sparingly, which is almost never. I don’t smoke; it kills your lungs!
36. Do you have a tattoo?
No, I’d prefer to keep my body as natural as possible. No piercings at all as well.
37. Are you a morning person or a night person?
I’m definitely a night person. Must be because of my late night anime-watching habits…
38. Have you ever slept past midday?
Yes. I’ve slept for an entire day once and I wasn’t sick at all…
39. Do you regret anything?
40. Can you count the numbers of friends you have on one hand?
Nope, just barely.
41. Do you wear eyeglasses?
42. Are you a picky eater?
Was a very picky eater all the way up until 14 years old. Now I can eat most food put in front of me.
43. Would you die for someone?
Depends on the context and situation.
44. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
The power of space-time.
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
No, but I like to believe so and entertain myself with notions of spirits and supernatural events.
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
Rich. I don’t want to risk loss of privacy, and besides, all those money would afford and fund my photography equipment.
47. Have you ever committed a crime?
No… Wait… Nope.
48. Time traveler or ghost?
Time traveler since I’m a bit of a history buff. I’d love to visit the Roaring Twenties in United States or the Victorian Era in Britain.
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
Yes, and it was fulfilled for a moment, but alas, she moved away and was never heard from again…
50. Are you in a relationship?
At the moment, no, since I’m really busy with work and college.